Here’s my list of the best homeschooling books for new homeschoolers or even those who just need a bit of homeschool inspiration!
I can’t believe summer is almost over! It’s been a great, but busy one. We are still deep in preserving the garden’s harvest. Slowly but surely we are seeing the larder shelves fill up. It is so satisfying.
September is here, and that means back to school for many! We just started our homeschool kindergarten last week, and we are loving it so far! I have been eagerly awaiting the day we started some formal lessons, so this week has been so much fun for us.
Before we started homeschooling, I did a lot of research to have some idea of what I wanted our school to be like. I scoured homeschooling blogs and curriculum sites gathering as much information as I could about all the different homeschooling styles. I’ve built up quite a collection of homeschooling books along the way that are perfect for a beginner homeschooler or one in need of a little inspiration. I know there may be a lot of new homeschoolers out there this year, and you may feel a little lost or not know where to start. So, check out my list of the best homeschooling books!
*This post contains affiliate links that may earn me a small commission at no additional cost to you.*
- The Call of the Wild and Free: Reclaiming the Wonder in Your Child’s Education, A New Way to Homeschool
- I HIGHLY recommend this one. It’s like chatting with your best friend about homeschooling over a cup of coffee.
- Home Education (The Home Education Series) (Volume 1)
- A Philosophy of Education (The Home Education Series)
- Know and Tell: The Art of Narration
- In Vital Harmony: Charlotte Mason and the Natural Laws of Education
- Awaking Wonder: Opening Your Child’s Heart to the Beauty of Learning
- A Charlotte Mason Companion: Personal Reflections on the Gentle Art of Learning
- Teaching from Rest: A Homeschooler’s Guide to Unshakable Peace
- For the Children’s Sake: Foundations of Education for Home and School
- Free to Learn
Have you read any of these books? Do you have any favorites you would add? Share below in the comments, and tell me your favorite homeschooling books! Don’t forget to subscribe to get updates from the blog, and follow along on Instagram to see peeks into our every day life!