Spring is finally here, and our family could not be more thrilled. Flowers are emerging, we are starting seeds, planting spring vegetables in the garden, and getting plenty of time outdoors. It is a joyous time! While the kids were pretty good about getting outside in the winter, there were some days that we just didn’t get as much outdoor time as we like. One way for us to stay connected to nature, even if we were indoors, was to read great books about nature. Although it’s not a replacement for the real deal, I was happy to see the kids learning about nature and becoming even more enthusiastic about the outdoors. Take a look at some of our favorites!
**This post contains affiliate links which may earn us a small commission at no additional cost to you.**
- Nature Anatomy: The Curious Parts and Pieces of the Natural World
- Where Butterflies Grow (Picture Puffin Books)
- Run Wild
- The Honeybee
- Up in the Garden and Down in the Dirt: (Spring Books for Kids, Gardening for Kids, Preschool Science Books, Children’s Nature Books)
- The Big Book of Blooms (The Big Book Series)
- The Big Book of Bugs (The Big Book Series)
- The Big Book of Birds (The Big Book Series)
- Farm Anatomy: The Curious Parts and Pieces of Country Life
Have you read any of these books? Do you and your family have any favorites? Comment them below- I’d love to hear of some we haven’t read! Don’t forget to subscribe to keep up with what we are doing on the homestead, and check us out on Instagram at abundantlifehomestead to see more of our daily life!